WINGS invites individuals and trauma-informed professionals throughout the U.S. to join our growing team of guest writers! By joining our writing team, your words and ideas will reach thousands of survivors of childhood sexual abuse, loved ones, and allied professionals throughout the nation.
Who can become a Guest Writer?
WINGS is working to expand the conversation supporting adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and their loved ones by amplifying the voices of leaders from many fields.
We invite social workers, victim advocates, licensed clinicians, creative and expressive arts professionals, and medical practitioners that have worked with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse to share your best practice information with us.
We also invite survivors, loved ones and allies at all levels to share your thoughts and reflections, as well.
It will take many voices and backgrounds to shed light on this pervading health issue affecting 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men, or 1 in 5 people – who are our friends, family members, colleagues, and neighbors.
- Are you a seasoned professional with experience working with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse?
- Do you have a good working knowledge of trauma and trauma-informed practices?
- Are you a survivor, loved one, or other ally who has first-hand knowledge about what the healing journey is like and/or important considerations to help support survivors?
If any of this sounds like you, we invite you to join our writing team!
How do I apply to be a Guest Writer?
Please email the following documents to Shay, our Social Media Volunteer, at email@example.com
- 2-3 writing samples (blog posts, journal articles, essays, etc) preferably on the topic of childhood sexual abuse related trauma, as it impacts adults
- Most up to date resume
- Topics about which you would be interested in writing for distribution on the WINGS blog/website
Why become a Guest Writer?
Your words and ideas will be shared with WINGS’ vast and diverse network of partners that include:
- Therapist & Psychologist networks and associations
- Victim Service Providers
- Medical facilities
- Community Organizations
- Survivors, Loved Ones
- The General Community
If selected to be a Guest Writer, you will have the flexibility to commit to multiple guest posts or as little as just one guest post. Your commitment level is your choice!